Friday, December 16, 2011

OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING (KNOCK OFF)

I think my all time favorite salad dressing is Olive Garden Salad Dressing. When I saw this copy cat recipe I just had to try it. With a few modifications, my recipe is adapted from Bare Naked Chef blog. Although I thought her directions were straightforward and clear, I noticed that a lot of readers had commented that they were confused and asked for clarification. I think you will find the recipe below very easy to follow and yes, it DOES taste just like Olive Garden Salad Dressing. Woo Hoo for having salad for dinner every day now!!


OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING (KNOCK OFF)
What you need:
 2 envelopes Good Seasons Italian Dressing, PREPARED PER BACK OF PACKAGE with oil and water.


IN ADDITION:
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar (distilled white vinegar is same thing)
1/2 tsp dried Basil 
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/4 tsp dried Thyme
1 tsp Salt
Black Pepper
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Water


Directions:
 Mix the two envelopes of Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix per package instructions (w/oil & water) in the blender.


Leaving the mixed Italian Dressing in the blender, add all remaining ingredients into blender. Blend on high until combined, about 30 seconds.
Makes a large batch. Pour into salad dressing bottles or put in a plastic container.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stir or shake before serving.
Do you have a favorite knock off recipe to share? I am always up for trying new recipes.
Do you have a favorite restaurant item that you'd like to FIND a knock off recipe for? If so, 
what is it? If I have it, I'm happy to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments