Soup is a great way to get more veggies in your diet with great flavor. In the past week we've made Baked Potato Soup , Cold Avocado Cucumber Soup and Butternut Squash and Apple soup. This Broccoli Soup is one of my favorites and is chock full of nutrition. Here it is, quick and easy!
What you need:
2 Cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
6 cups Broccoli (about 1 large bunch)
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 tsp Ginger Root, minced
2 Cups Skim Milk (or Soy or Almond)
Purple Onion, finely chopped
1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
2. Add the chopped Broccoli, Garlic and Ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cover.
Steam for about 5 minutes or until Broccoli is tender. Remove from heat.
3. After the Broccoli has cooled slightly, puree it in a blender. Return it to the sauce pan.
4. Add the Milk, warm over low heat.
5. Serve sprinkled with chopped Purple Onion and/or Shredded Cheese
All of these soups are full of flavor and full of nutrition. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. What's your favorite way to get nutritious food and enjoy it?