Friday, December 9, 2011

PRETZEL KISSES-FIRST OF HOLIDAY TREATS!

I know I usually post about healthy habits, including recipes, exercise, juicing etc. Don't be confused with this post. I still value and support a healthy lifestyle. But, it's the HOLIDAYS! And I just can't help but make treats. So I thought I'd share some of them.


There are always people we like to give a little something to. Heck, if I was independently wealthy I'd buy gifts for everyone I know! I love seeing the look of surprise and pleasure when someone receives something unexpectedly.


But, I digress...little holiday bags full of homemade goodies are  perfect for neighbors, co-workers, carpool buddies, mail carrier, music teacher...well, you get the idea. Goodie bags are great for everyone. It's a little piece of homemade love.


Here is the first item I made to fill my goodie bags. I call them Pretzel Kisses. They are so easy and so good!
PRETZEL KISSES
Preheat oven to 225* while preparing pretzels
Place pretzel squares or knots on cookie sheet
Place Hershey's Kiss centered on each pretzel
Put cookie sheet with pretzels and kisses in the 225* oven for 3-5 min. (You can test one by pressing M&M into it until you get the feel for  how they look when warmed completely.) If you heat them at higher temp they will melt and drip. Heating at low heat just warms and softens them.


When kisses are warmed through, remove from oven. Set M&M on top and gently press into kiss. I used plain and peanut M&M's. You could also use peanut butter M&M's.
Place cookie sheet in fridge for 30 minutes to let chocolate harden. Then you can throw them all into a plastic container for storage until you are ready to fill your goodie bags. I like to keep them in the fridge until giving them away.
Stay tuned for more goodies for holiday gifting or parties.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments