Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weekly Weigh In: If You Hit Your Thumb


If you hit your thumb with a hammer would you say, "It already hurts, so I'll just keep hitting it because it can't hurt any worse"? Of course you wouldn't.

Have you ever said "It's only lunch time and I've already eaten too many calories for today so it doesn't matter what I eat the rest of the day"? That's like saying I already dropped my phone so I'll just stomp on it til it's crushed.
No one is overweight from having one bad day of eating. It happens when you start thinking that it doesn't matter because you've already blown it...day after day after day.

I splurged on Super Bowl Sunday with Incredible Mac-N-CheeseCrock Pot Lasagna and Butterfinger Pie. I allowed myself the splurge I had been looking forward to, then went right back to counting my calories and eating clean; fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. I also exercised five times during the week, which helped keep my metabolism up.

I didn't chastise myself for eating the extra calories (and oh, so much cheese), it was a planned splurge. This week I lost 2 lbs. I'm okay with that; I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and moved one step closer to my goal. 

People tell me all the time that they don't really know how to go about changing their diet. The goal is to move towards a cleaner diet. Diet is not a verb; something you do or don't do, something you go on or off. Diet is a noun; the kind of food and amount of food that you habitually take in. Incorporating a clean diet will help you sleep better, lose weight and maybe best of all, have a recognizable difference in energy. Creating one new habit in your diet can have a huge effect on all of those things.

I am going to post a series of tips and ideas to help incorporate a cleaner diet into your day, whether you cook for only yourself or a large family. Tomorrow we'll look at ideas on how to start your day.

Question: Would you be willing to make one habit change in your daily diet in order have increased energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments