Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Two Coleslaw Recipes For Pulled Chicken Sandwich


Earlier I shared my Pulled Chicken Sandwich recipe where I mentioned coleslaw. Although pulled sandwiched are traditionally served with coleslaw, I decided to make it a separate post due to the length.


While I love a good pulled pork or chicken sandwich, I have never been a huge fan of coleslaw. Maybe it's the heavy mayo that so many people drown it in, maybe it's the flavor. All I know is I don't care for it. But last weekend I decided to try Chef Michael Symon's award winning slaws with my Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. One of these he serves on his "Porky Burger" (which is pulled pork on top of the burger and slaw underneath the burger). The other helped him win the Burger Bash in Miami with his "Fat Doug" burger (pastrami & swiss on top of the burger, slaw under the burger-my mouth is watering over this one!).


Given that, if you like slaw, either would be excellent on your Pulled Chicken SandwichesI will give you both recipes and you decide. I credit Chef Michael Symon for both of these slaw recipes.

Coleslaw #1 (for Porky Burger)

1 Head Savoy Cabbage, shredded
3 Carrots, shredded
5 Scallions, thinly sliced
1 Cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Cup Parsley, chopped
1/3 Cup Pickle Juice (his secret ingredient)
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Salt

Add chopped herbs to the shredded cabbage. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat, Add more salt if necessary.


Coleslaw #2 (for "Fat Doug" Burger)

1/2 Head Napa Cabbage, shredded
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Sm Red Onion, thinly sliced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, minced
3 Tbsp Tarragon Vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Mayo
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Spicy Mayo

Mix all ingredients to coat.


Would love to get your opinion of these two slaws. Do you have a favorite slaw recipe that I could try? To leave a comment Click Here.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments