Saturday, September 3, 2011

Down 9.5 lbs After Juicing For One Week

After one week of juicing I am down 9.5 lbs and Doug has lost 7.5 lbs.

Not bad. Especially considering the fact that we weren't very strict in sticking to juice only. I hate to admit it,  but after juicing for a couple of days I found myself wanting to bite into a burger, so we made a quick trip to 'Five Guy's' for dinner. One day Doug was craving a burrito. So we went to our favorite little Mexican place. This time we were quite motivated from the success we had seen so far, so we broke open the burrito's and ate the insides, leaving the tortilla.

The next couple of days we were real good about only juicing. But then came the day that I had a STRONG desire for, perhaps even a craving for, M&M's. I was working from home that day. I ate a handful of plain M&M's as I worked at my computer. One dropped on the floor. I looked down, but couldn't see it. I moved away from my chair and looked around; still couldn't see it. By now I was frustrated because it was too late for the "5-second rule", and I really didn't want to step on it and smash it into the carpet at a later time. I even got down on my knees, but could not locate that rogue M&M. "Oh well", I thought. "I'll find it when we vacuum." I went back to work. A few hours later when Doug came home I was still sitting at my computer working. He sat down in the chair next to me and proceeded to tell me about his day. As he was talking, he looked down at the carpet. I'll be darned if that brown M&M didn't jump right off the carpet at him!! BUSTED! "Look what I found", he said as he bent over and picked it up. I looked at him and didn't say a word. "Were you eating M&M's today when you were supposed to be only juicing?" he asked. I couldn't lie, but I didn't want to admit the truth, so I just kept my mouth shut. Well, I tried to keep my mouth shut. But he looked me in the eye and quietly waited, and waited, and waited, for my response. I finally burst. Boy did I feel horrible!!

But the point is, even though we didn't stick with juicing exclusively, we still had amazing results in how we felt and in weight loss. While juicing we feel lighter, more energetic and vibrant, never having a full, heavy stomach. Our thoughts are clear, as are our sinuses. Now we're in Vegas for a week where we won't have access to juicing and we have several big dinner events to attend. Even after two days of not juicing we can both feel the physical difference.


It has been a good little experiment. We have seen, in a big way, how beneficial juicing is to us and what a difference it makes in how we feel. We are having a great time in Vegas, and loving the fabulous meals we are experiencing. But I can honestly say that we are both looking forward to being able to juice the majority of our meals when we get home. We love the way it makes us feel, and we may need to lose some extra weight we brought home from Vegas!!

Have you tried juicing? How does it make you feel? Was the result enough to motivate you to juice regularly?

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the weight loss. Hmmmm, would be nice to lose that amount. Perhaps I'll have to find more information on it.

    Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. So all calories don't count! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments