Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do You Have A Weight Loss Goal? Here's Mine.


So how did you do on the 7 day challenge to record everything you ate?
Did you choose to use pen and paper, an APP on your phone or a website on your PC?

What did you learn about yourself and your eating habits?
Are you eating as many veggies as you thought you were?
Are you consuming more (or less) calories than you thought you were?

I didn’t pay particularly close attention to what I ate, but I did record everything I ate. Hubby and I attended a couple of events centered around food, and Sunday (being cold and drizzly) was a perfect day to dive into a huge pan of homemade Mac-N-Cheese (five cheeses and bacon…Mmmmmm, SO good!) and curl up on the couch to watch football. ( I can’t believe I didn’t think to take a pic of it and post the recipe; I make it so rarely. Might have to make it for Super Bowl now just to get a pic.)

I didn’t lose any weight this week, and I didn’t gain any weight this week (whew!). So what I learned is that I have pretty good instincts on eating enough to maintain my weight. However, my goal right now is to take off a few lbs that I’ve put on over the past two years while recovering from surgeries that didn’t allow me to be physically active. So maintaining is not going to work for me!

Has participating in this challenge motivated you to make changes to your eating habits? It has me. It was a good jump start to tracking food and exercise with a goal in mind.

I've heard that when you really want something it helps to tell someone so you have accountability for following through. So here's my goal. I WILL LOSE 38 lbs by my birthday, June 7th. Lofty? Maybe. Unreasonable? No! Reachable? ABSOLUTELY!

Yes, I realize that I am putting my goal out for all the world to see. Here's how I'm gonna do it.

I will continue to log everything I eat on http://www.loseit.com. I will also log my exercise there. Putting in some calories burned is always motivating! If you choose to use this website/phone APP you can connect with me there: mhobbs2001@gmail.com.

I know how many calories it takes to maintain my weight and I know how many calories I need in order to lose. I will cut some of those calories out of my food intake and I will burn some of those calories through exercise. Click here to figure out how many calories you need. I am going to give myself a range of 1200-1400 calories a day. I will eat at least 1200 but no more than 1400 calories per day. I will exercise a minimum of five days a week. I will give myself one day a week to splurge on something special or try out new recipes that I will post.

I will reach my goal by tracking everything I eat so I can stay within my calorie allotment and exercising at least five times a week. This might be walking (outside or treadmill), bicycle (outside or stationary), aerobics, video (love Bob & Jillian's Biggest Loser workouts)...anything that gets me moving and sweaty.

Now I feel accountable knowing that I have to keep you posted on how I'm doing.

What is your health goal? Take a leap and share it. Let's do this together.
What information do you need to help you?
What will motivate you to achieve your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments