Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In a previous post I asked a single question - "WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST STRUGGLE WHILE PURSUING WEIGHT LOSS AND/OR PHYSICAL FITNESS?" I was touched by the personal stories and struggles that many of you shared. Others have told me how well they can relate to some of the comments to that question.

In future posts we will address the struggles and issues mentioned in your comments. I will share thoughts and resources that have helped me. I also welcome comments with ideas and resources that have helped you. One thing I have learned is that we all respond to different things at different times. It depends where we are in our journey as to what information makes sense to use at that time. We must be patient with ourselves as well as with others, trusting that we are doing the best we can with what we have. 

I love how Maya Angelou said " I did then what I knew how to do. Now I know better, I do better." How does that relate to pursuing weight loss and physical fitness goals? The choices and decision we make daily regarding our health are based on what we know and what we believe. As we continue to learn and grow we change our beliefs about what we know. New understanding and changes in beliefs often lead to changes in behavior.

So it makes sense that when we have a desire to change habits or behaviors we look for sources to learn from, thereby increasing our understanding and ability to affect change in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment...I love learning from you! Click on "subscribe by email" to receive follow up comments